Saturday, October 22, 2005

Google Maps Prototype

Nikhil Kothari's prototype of Virtual Earth got me interested into trying something similar on Google Maps. Using Google Map APIs is not at all tough once you get a hang of it, the only issue is with writing javascript, css which is cross-browser specific. As of now my prototype doesn't use any server side code. Everything is done on the client browser including xsl transformation..learnt it the hard way that xsl transform is handled in a different way in Ff(better) than in IE (crappy)! My first stab at Google Map can be seen at http://sachiniscool.somee.com/default.html..right now I have posted some pictures of Atlantic City, DC and Louisville that I took after downsizing them...comments/complaints are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment