Monday, February 19, 2007

Yahoo! Pipes

I'd been using doggdot.us feeds to get one consolidated feed for slashdot, digg and del.icio.us popular bookmarks, one of the main usp of doggdot.us feeds being direct link for digg stories instead of the landing page of digg (I'd consider digg's page to be a landing page given the very poor signal to noise ratio of the comments on digg). But since all good things must come to an end, doggdot.us decided to drop direct links and started using digg's landing page as RSS url. I couldn't find anything on their site which suggested this change and I hope it's something temporary. Anyway, now that doggdot.us feed is broken, and that I hate subscribing to digg's own feed, I searched for a feed which would provide a digg feed with direct links, a simple google search and I found a customized feed for digg with direct links to the story dugg. Using Yahoo! Pipes, combining the three feeds to get doggdot.us functionality was easy, all I had to use was the union and the sort operator.

No comments:

Post a Comment